Monday, April 2, 2012

Posted by Unknown |
     As my freshman year rapidly comes to a close I'm asking myself where did the time go? It wasn't too long ago that I was an anxious, nervous, 18 year old getting ready to move in the Lower East Side and ready to start a new chapter in my book of life. I thought I had a vague idea what direction my life was heading toward. Now, I've never been more unsure of anything.

     I currently reside in Brooklyn Heights after spending some time in South Jamaica Queens before hand. I now attend St. Francis College instead of King's. I'm also an English major. My life has taken quite a turn. Confusion on where I'm going in life is at an all time high. If you were to ask me what I learned in my first year of college I wouldn't really know how to answer that question. I've learned how to love another person more than I love myself. I've learned how to make a rapid amount of friends in a very short time frame. I've learned that racists and homophobes are still quite present. I've learned that it's pretty hard to stay in contact with people when you're over 600 miles away. I've learned that without friends it's incredible hard to pick yourself back up when you've fallen. I've learned that relationships mean more than the subjects I'm studying.

     It's all quite confusing, not knowing where your life is going. I didn't expect to get suspended from one college and transfer to another. I didn't expect to find a girl. I think trying to plan out your entire life in advance is useless. Things change. Constantly. At least for me. Maybe that's part of the beauty of life. Never knowing exactly how it will turn out. It keeps things fresh and interesting, albeit slightly frustrating. I'm excited to see what lies in store for me in another year for this reason.

0 comments:

Post a Comment